"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send and who will go for us? Then I said here am I send, me!"
-Isaiah 6:8

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Team Update

Good Afternoon Team,

I trust that all of you are having a wonderful week. It is cold but
very beautiful today. God is giving us a little sunshine to brighten
our day!!

We had a great and informative meeting with Andrew. I am so
excited about all that God is preparing for us to do in Belarus.

The Good News is that many people will have the chance to hear
the gospel of Jesus Christ. Andrew has had many requests for
people to come and work in different places this summer in Belarus.
As part of this great news we have agreed to be flexible and take
a new assignment. Let me try and explain.
  -  The team from Calvary Russian Church of Atlanta will be working
     at the orphanage in Bobruisk. Inna will be working with them. It is
     a huge undertaking but some of them have been there previously
     so it makes sense for them to be at this camp.

 -   We will be traveling to a smaller town of Luninets to lead a VBS
     at a brand new church. This should help the church at Luninets
     reach out to their town and grow.  There is great opportunity for
     evangelism. We will be staying in Luninets most of the time. VBS
     will be approx. 4 hrs each day from 10-2 then we will have lunch.
     After lunch we will do home visits and in the evening there will be
     evening worship services. There is an orphanage in Luninets so
     the children from the orphanage will be brought to the church for
     VBS (some will be handicapped children.) Andrew will
     be with our group the whole trip. We will also have 2 other translators.

 -   After we do VBS at Luninets for 3-4 days we will be traveling to
     another town each day to repeat what we did for another small church.
     I forgot to get the name of this town/village but Andrew said it is about
    1 hour east of Luninets. Both of these towns are in southern Belarus
     near the Ukrainian border.

 -  We are now totally responsible for everything!

**What do we need to do? 1)Raise support - this is crucial as we must buy the
   airline tickets by April 20th.Apparently there are limited flights that go to Belarus
   and Andrew is afraid if we wait to buy the tickets that we will not get seats or we
   will have to travel on different flights. 2) I need you to bring your passports to the next
   meeting so I can make copies for tickets, visa application, and for Fred.
   Remember your Passport has to be signed and you must have at least 2
   blank pages- no stamps, and at least 6 months left before expiration date so since
   we are flying in July it can't expire until Jan. 2014. 3) I need for each of you
   to pray and ask God if He has a specific plan for you for the trip and I need to
   know your preferences for what what you might enjoy doing. That doesn't mean
   I can fulfill everyone's desire but it gives a better understanding and something
   to go on. Remember Flexibility!!

 So far I have determined that we will have these things at VBS
1) Bible Lessons
2) Crafts
3) Games/Sports
4) Music/English

All will participate in afternoon visitation and evening worship.

I will send you another email in a few days about some things that I need
from you. I don't want to overwhelm you and I realize that each of you may have
many questions still. We will get to all the answers.

Love you All!! I am VERY EXCITED! :)
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment